GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL UTILITIES AUTHORITY
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE AWARD OF BID FOR
SEWER REHABILITATION PROJECT
TO INSITUFORM TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
WHEREAS, specifications were completed by Pennoni Associates, Inc. (“Pennoni”) and bids were properly advertised by the Gloucester Township Municipal Utilities Authority (“GTMUA” and/or “Authority”) for the Sewer Rehabilitation Project; and
WHEREAS, four (4) companies submitted bids on June 26, 2018, for the specified Sewer Rehabilitation Project as follows:
Vendor Base Bid
1. Insituform Technologies, Inc. $140,660.00
2. National Water Main Cleaning Co. $152,185.00
3. Michels $154,983.00
4. Standard Pipe Services $177,730.00; and
WHEREAS, Insituform Technologies, Inc. (“Insituform”) complied with all the essential provisions of the bid specifications and is the lowest qualified bidder; and
WHEREAS, the Authority’s Consulting Engineer has reviewed the bid of Insituform and has recommended approval thereof; and
WHEREAS, the Authority’s Solicitor, Christopher F. Long, has reviewed the bids and recommended the award to Insituform and has issued a legal opinion dated July 3, 2018; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Chairman and Board Members of the Gloucester Township Municipal Utilities Authority, as follows:
1. The provisions of the WHEREAS clauses set forth above are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof.
2. The Contract for the Sewer Rehabilitation Project is awarded to Insituform in accordance with its proposal amount as set forth herein.
3. A copy of this Resolution shall be published in the official newspaper of the GTMUA as required by law.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Gloucester Township Municipal Utilities Authority certifies that funds are available for payment of this Contract. The amount to be expended under this contract shall not exceed $184,660.00. Funds will be charged against the Renewal & Replacement Fund.
THE GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP
ATTEST: MUNICIPAL UTILITIES AUTHORITY
Glen Bianchini, Secretary Richard P. Calabrese, Chairman
Certified that the above is a true and correct copy of a Resolution duly adopted by the Gloucester Township Municipal Utilities Authority at its Regular Meeting of July 19, 2018.
Marlene Hrynio, Administrative Secretary
Dated: July 19, 2018